Opps offers QCF competency based qualifications in Health and Social Care, accredited by EDI.
Due to the range of Health and Social Care NVQs that we offer, Opps is able to support those working in roles from care assistants to care managers. We also offer progression to the next level for students successfully completing their NVQs.
Competency based qualifications include:
Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
- Support independence in the tasks of daily living
- Support individuals to meet personal care needs
- Support individuals to eat and drink
- Move and position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Promote person centred approaches in health and social care
- Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings
- Support individuals to access and use services and facilities
- Provide support to maintain and develop skills for everyday life
- Facilitate person centred assessment, planning, implementation and review
- Support use of medication in social care settings
In addition to the sector specific Health and Social Care qualifications, we also offer other courses suitable for care staff such as:
- Team Leader level 2
- Customer Service level 2
- Business & Administration level 2
- Management level 3
Other Care QCF courses offered include:
- Level 5 Leadership in Health and Social Care and Young Peoples Services
- Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection
- Level 2 Managing and Safe Handling of Medicines Certificate
Opps is a recognised provider under the “Train to Gain” programme. Funding for QCF qualifications may be available under this programme.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss our Health and Social Care training.